Recently, the plans for a Museum of Linguistics have been widely spread through the (social) media. In winter 2019, Planet World has been announced to open as the first interactive museum on language in the USA.
There are already a number of similar musea, maybe you will have the opportunity to visit one of them in the near future. Please drop a comment, if you know of other such places or if you would like to report on your visit in one of them!
- Leiden (The Netherlands): Taalmuseum
- Paris (France): Mundolingua
- Maryland (USA): National Museum of Language (in development)
- Toronto (Canada) : Canadian Language Museum/Musée Canadien des Langues
- Washington (DC): Planet World (in development)
- Virtual: Language Museum